Scuro – Montepulciano
Scuro is obtained from a wine made from 100% Montepulciano, flavoured with bitter herbs in particular the China Calissaia. The incorporation of the natural flavourings takes place after 8 months of refining of the wine in oak barrels at a constant temperature (15°C.) and constant humidity (75%). Once assembled, the wine rests for an additional two months in the bottle. The wine evolves with intense notes of red berries fused to an evident flavour of china. The taste is very creamy and full ,consistent and tonic, with a persistently pleasantly bitter long note.
10 in stock
- GRAPE VARIETY: Montepulciano 100%
- PRODUCTION AREA: South Marche, Ascoli Piceno province, municipality ol Rotella.
- SOIL: Medium texture/clay and altered limestone banks.
- VINEYARDS: At 350m a.s.l.; spurred cordon training system; 4,545 vines per hectare.
- CLIMATE: Cold winters with cool springs and dry summers.
- VINIFICATION: De-stemming and traditional maceration lor 12 -16days at controlled temperatures (max 28 ° C).
- AGEING ANO REFINING: 8 months in oak barrels with incorporation ol aromas (cinchona); at rest lor 2 months in bottle.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Excellent on its own as a digestive but it is recommended to first savor the chocolate and then sip the wine experiencing the lusion ol the llavors.
- SERVING TEMPERATURE: 8° – 10° C.
- SHELF LIFE: More than live years when stored under proper conditions.